Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hello friends & fans, attached is a picture from my birthday dinner.  I spent the weekend in Newport, RI with my wonderful girlfriend Diana.  We had an amazing trip and truly embraced being on vacation.  Its been said that short trips away help focus the mind, and I for one, am a firm believer.  I came back from my trip re-energized and poised to tear up fall as the business starts to heat back up.

I know it's been a while since my last post (as seems to be the trend despite my best intentions) so here's a synopsis of what I've been up to...class, intensive, showcase, class, intensive, showcase~hahahaha. All kidding aside, that really is what I've been up to with some quality auditions mixed in.  I've always known the trajectory my career would take and I am happy to report that I am right on track.  I've taken the steps in improve at my craft and sharpen my skills and I've put myself in front of the casting directors that call the shots!
I have read for primetime casting directors such as NBC's Trey Lawson, ABC's Janet Murphy-Butler, Fox's Clint Alexander and Kimberly Graham of Judy Henderson Casting.  I have also worked with Angela Mickey of Liz Lewis Casting, Lauren Bass, Allison Estrin, Judy Bowman.  All of which helped prepare me for the road ahead.  I know where I am on that road and I know where it leads me.  Although I am excited for where I am going, I am enjoying the journey to get there.

Next stop is primetime, films and fingers crossed a national commercial.  Until, then I continue to keep the pedal to the metal with the adage in mind:

"success is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" 

Thanks for stopping by and your continued support...

Until next time,

John Salutare

No comments:

Post a Comment